To find our Rangihiroa St site located close to Waikanae Beach – view this location map link
We are back to operating our sessions under Covid level 1 conditions linked here, including scanning in our NZ COVID Tracer QR code. Watch this space for any changes to these rules as directed by Government.
For regular updated pictures of our on-site activities visit our NEW Facebook page LINK HERE
- offers men access to carpentry & engineering workshops and gardening
- provides a social environment to have a chat and a laugh over a cuppa
- creates opportunity to carry out personnel and community projects
- gives members the chance to teach and learn new skills
- lets men share and discuss health and welfare issues
MenzShed Kapiti have built projects for the community
- pre-school play furniture, tables and seats
- DOC Rat & Stoat traps, Penguin & Kaka nesting boxes, Weta motels and bumble bee nests
- honesty boxes, planter boxes, raised garden beds, refurbish dolls house
- toy cars for xmas, storage cupboards, solitaire puzzles
- repairing and refurbishing items
- and the list goes on ……..
MenzShed Kapiti have supported members in their own projects
- rocking horse
- dentist cabinet
- bird feeder
- letter box
- folding picnic table
- saw horse
- outdoor furniture
- and repairing a variety of items from home……….
But most importantly Our Shed supports and promotes the welfare of our members. It offers retired men the opportunity to foster new friendships and, if they want to, have a go at something new and different in a supportive environment often benefitting the community.
For contact details refer “About Us” or use the “Contact” form
“Help MenzShed Kapiti complete their New Facilities”
While bursting at the seams, a fundraising campaign and Lotto grant has enabled us to start building more facilities. This will enhance our MenzShed operations and allow us to continue to be a successful mens group.
Further contributions can be made by
- direct crediting to our Building Fund -MenzShed Kapiti Kiwi Bank 38 9010 0354831 02
For more details about our proposed building extension click here.