A mens group focusing on the health and wellbeing of its members
Our normal sessions are Tuesday & Thursday 9am – 12.30 operating in accordance with our rules.
To find our Rangihiroa Sreet site located close to Waikanae Beach – view this location map link
To help protect our members and visitors during daily operations, the key points for our rules are:
- Members are required to ‘sign in’ on arrival at the shed
- Visitors on arrival are required to report to the duty supervisor (who will be wearing an orange fluro vest) and ‘sign in’ with their name and phone number.
- Face masks are not mandatory but are an option when working in situations where social distancing is impractical
- Members and visitors must follow special onsite directions for morning tea or supervisor instruction
- Members and visitors must follow basic hygiene principles – wash hands frequently
- DO NOT COME if you are feeling unwell, are waiting for the results of a COVID test or have tested positive for covid.
Please follow all directions of the Shed Supervisor who is responsible for the health, safety & welfare of members and visitors.
Please be patient & kind to everyone.
For regular updated pictures of our on-site activities visit our Facebook page LINK HERE
- offers men access to carpentry & engineering workshops and gardening
- provides a social environment to have a chat and a laugh over a cuppa
- creates opportunity to carry out personnel and community projects
- gives members the chance to teach and learn new skills
- lets men share and discuss health and welfare issues
MenzShed Kapiti have built projects for the community
- pre-school play furniture, tables and seats
- DOC Rat & Stoat traps, Penguin & Kaka nesting boxes, Weta motels and bumble bee nests
- honesty boxes, planter boxes, raised garden beds, refurbish dolls house
- toy cars for xmas, storage cupboards, solitaire puzzles
- repairing and refurbishing items
- and the list goes on ……..
MenzShed Kapiti have supported members in their own projects
- rocking horse
- dentist cabinet
- bird feeder
- letter box
- folding picnic table
- saw horse
- outdoor furniture
- and repairing a variety of items from home……….
It is through these activities that our Shed supports and promotes the welfare of our members. It offers retired men the opportunity to foster new friendships and, if they want to, have a go at something new and different in a supportive environment often benefitting the community.
Donations to MenzShed Kapiti can be via our online account Kiwi Bank Account No. 38 9010 0354831 00
For contact details refer “About Us” or use the “Contact” form
MenzShed Kapiti completes their New Facilities
Fundraising activities and grants including a Lotto grant has enabled us to extend our buildings. Using our members expertise we completed an amenities block providing us with excellent new toilet and kitchen facilities plus a large meeting room. More recently we completed an additional large workshop area replacing a small shed and linking in to our existing buildings.
This workshop has been named the Peter Blackler Workshop in recognition of Peter’s commitment to our shed operations and practical input into all the sheds building construction.
Refer link to News Article Peter Blackler Workshop named
Overall, these buildings will enhance our MenzShed operations and allow us to continue to be a successful mens group.