To find our Rangihiroa Sreet site located close to Waikanae Beach – view this location map link
We are back and operating as normal for 2022
Our sessions are on Tuesday and Thursday 9am -12.30 and operate in accordance with our rules and Governments Covid Red Light rules.
This means following Government Guidelines where no person (member or visitor) shall be permitted entry to the MenzShed Kapiti premises or to participate in MenzShed Kapiti activities without a current Government approved COVID 19 vaccination certification.
The only exceptions to this will be those showing certified medical dispensation not to be vaccinated for COVID 19 or those who are not provided for in the Government vaccination programme..
The key points of the Red Light system are:
- Compulsory Signing in & Scanning our COVID QR code
- All members and visitors must have Vaccine passes. We have a list of all members who have shown a Committee member their pass.
- Getting a booster jab to reduce the chance of getting a serious Omicron infection.
- Wearing masks at the shed (as well as everywhere else as decreed by the Government).
- We must have less than 100 people at the Shed ( this is not a problem with our normal attendance between 45 and 55).
- Maintaining social distancing of 1 metre.
- Following special onsite directions for morning tea or supervisor instructions
- Following basic HYGIENE principles – wash hands frequently
- Ensuring machinery & equipment is cleaned after use.
We understand if you feel uncomfortable about attending MenzShed under the Red Light and look forward to seeing you again when the Omicron outbreak eases
Visitors arriving at the Shed must report to the Shed Supervisor for identification of their “My Vaccine Pass,” sign in with their COVID tracer app, or complete a COVID record keeping slip.
Follow all directions of the Shed Supervisor who is responsible for the health safety & welfare of members and visitors.
DO NOT COME If you are feeling unwell or waiting for the results of a COVID test
Please be patient & kind to everyone.
For regular updated pictures of our on-site activities visit our NEW Facebook page LINK HERE
- offers men access to carpentry & engineering workshops and gardening
- provides a social environment to have a chat and a laugh over a cuppa
- creates opportunity to carry out personnel and community projects
- gives members the chance to teach and learn new skills
- lets men share and discuss health and welfare issues
MenzShed Kapiti have built projects for the community
- pre-school play furniture, tables and seats
- DOC Rat & Stoat traps, Penguin & Kaka nesting boxes, Weta motels and bumble bee nests
- honesty boxes, planter boxes, raised garden beds, refurbish dolls house
- toy cars for xmas, storage cupboards, solitaire puzzles
- repairing and refurbishing items
- and the list goes on ……..
MenzShed Kapiti have supported members in their own projects
- rocking horse
- dentist cabinet
- bird feeder
- letter box
- folding picnic table
- saw horse
- outdoor furniture
- and repairing a variety of items from home……….
But most importantly Our Shed supports and promotes the welfare of our members. It offers retired men the opportunity to foster new friendships and, if they want to, have a go at something new and different in a supportive environment often benefitting the community.
Donations to MenzShed Kapiti can be via our online account Kiwi Bank Account No. 38 9010 0354831 00
For contact details refer “About Us” or use the “Contact” form
“Help MenzShed Kapiti complete their New Facilities”
While bursting at the seams, a fundraising campaign and Lotto grant has enabled us to start building more facilities. We have completed the amenities block providing us with excellent new toilet and kitchen facilities plus a large meeting room. We have now commenced building an additional large workshop area. Overall, this will enhance our MenzShed operations and allow us to continue to be a successful mens group.
Further contributions can be made by
- direct crediting to our Building Fund -MenzShed Kapiti Kiwi Bank 38 9010 0354831 02
For more details about our building extension click here.